Wednesday, May 8, 2013 21:13
Farmington with Victor Fire were dispatched under MABAS for smoke in a double wide at Northrup Park. 80 arrived on scene and reported nothing visible on "A" side. Crews determined the cause was an overheated motor on a washer-dryer combination. Farmington called back in service at 22:12. Responding units were Farmington 80, 812, Victor 270, 2701, 2711, 2731.
Friday, May 3, 2013 15:24
Farmington was called out mutual-aid to Main Street, Palmyra (Wayne County) for a structure fire. Palmyra arrived on scene with heavy fire showing on the top floor of a 3 story structure. In all, sixteen (16) Fire Departments responded from 3 counties. One building was destroyed and three others heavily damaged as the fire traveled through walls and common cock-lofts, leaving nine homeless and multiple businesses destroyed. Farmington pumper rescue 811 responded along with Assistant Chief 802. Upon arrival they laid 1200' of 5" LDH to supply Macedon's quint and one ground monitor. Farmington called back at 19:34.
Sunday, April 21, 2013 22:06
Farmington Fire along with Port Gibson, Manchester and Macedon Fire, dispatched under MABAS, were toned out for smoke in the house and a possible chimney fire. 802 arrived on scene with nothing showing on the A-B sides. He further reported that the wood stove pipe had disconnected and all mutual aid companies could stand-by in quarters. Farmington firefighter extinguished the fire in the stove and checked for extensions into the walls. No problems were found. Units called back in service at 22:58.
Monday, April 15, 2013
As the majority of Farmington's interior firefighters were training at the counties burn building, a call for a fire reported out involving a structure was toned out at 10:40, the location in the Stonehedge Townhouse Development activated Box 400 on the MABAS. Responding with Farmington was Victor Fire who was requested to respond with a full crew assignment. Farmington Engine 811 with a full crew and Victor Engine 2711 and Truck 2781 responded. Victor 2701 and 2702 arrived on scene and reported nothing showing. A further report confirmed the fire was out and all units continue non-emergency. A flower pot used for cigarette butts caught fire and melted a small portion of siding at the front door.
As units were clearing, at 20:26 Victor was toned out for a structure fire with numerous calls on Sterling Circle. Box 200 on the MABAS was activated with one Engine from Farmington requested. Victor 2701 arrived on scene with heavy fire from the 2nd floor of a 6 unit townhouse. A second alarm was requested bringing Fishers, East Bloomfield and Egypt (FAST) to the scene. Victor command reported the fire under control in 35 minutes. Fire damage was held to one unit, with smoke and water damage to two other units. Manchester Fire filled-in at Farmington, while Bushnell's Basin filled-in at Victor. Also on scene: County Coordinator's Car 1,5,9 800, Victor Farmington Ambulance and Ontario County Sheriff's Office.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 15:11
Farmington Fire was toned out for a house fire in Box 400, on Hook Road. This activated MABAS toning out Victor Fire also on the first alarm. Farmington 80 plus Victor 2702 arrived on scene reporting light smoke from a one story residental. PTA 832 responded with a crew of five and laid in from the hydrant. The attack crew extinguished a wood pile fire on the back side of the structure, then proceded into the basement and found a heavy smoke condition. Crews from Victor Ladder 2781, found no fire on the 1st floor and assisted the basement crew. No additional fire was found in the basement or walls of the home and the situation was placed under control in 10 minutes. Manchester and Fisher Fire provided standby crews for Farmington and Victor.
Due to heavy fire damage to the outside electrical meter and service cables, RG&E was called to cut power to the structure.
Also responding were Victor Farmington Volunteer Ambulance Corp, Ontario County Sheriff's Office, Farmington Building and Code Enforcment, Ontario County Coordinator Cars 7 and 800.
The fire cause is under investigation. Units called back in service at 17:30.
Click on the words "House Fire" in the heading, the article will open up to view more pictures.
Friday, March 29, 2013
Training with Manchester and Shortsville Fire on Manchester's acquired structure.
Click on the word "Training" in the header, the article will open up to view more pictures.
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Through a Grant written and submitted by Shortsville Chief Jason Wagner, Farmington and several other area Fire Departments have Smoke and CO Detectors available free of charge for their residents. If you are in need of a Smoke or CO detector in Farmington's response territory call us at 585-924-3631.
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
February was an unusually quiet month with only 18 runs. March has started out slow with only 2 runs in six days, a minor vehicle fire and a CO alarm.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Save the date: August 1,2, & 3, 2013
For Farmington's Firemans Carnival
Parade on August 2nd at 6:45 pm
Site designed and maintained by