About The Auxiliary
The Ladies Auxiliary was established on September 24th, 1955, called to order by Barbara Wehrlin, with 18 ladies present. They formed 3 committees: Sunshine, Refreshments and Ways & Means. This organization was formed for the purpose of assisting the Farmington Volunteer Fire Association and to meet for monthly business meetings and activities. A Charter Member meeting was held on November 16th, 1955 with 20 members present. The Constitution and By-Laws were adopted at the January 1956 business meeting.
Throughout the years, numerous activities and fundraisers were held: card parties, bake sales, an ice cream social and various dinners which included a fish stick dinner (1960), ham supper (1961), roast beef dinner (1962) and a turkey dinner (1967.) With the Walt Gardner Orchestra the Ladies (in 1968) started: the round square dances (held every second Saturday) and a Valentine Dance in 1971. The Ladies even had their own 7 member Waterball Team.
When the Ladies Auxiliary started, their responsibilities at the Carnival included the following activities: the cake wheel, clam booth, duck pond, nickel toss, beef BBQ, fish fry, and the kiddie parade. Today (2011) The Auxiliary is responsible for the Friday night fish fry, cake wheel, fried dough booth, the kiddie parade and we assist the fire department with the Saturday afternoon chicken BBQ.
In 2001, the Association changed its name from: Ladies Auxiliary of the Farmington Volunteer Fire Association Inc. to: The Auxiliary of the Farmington Volunteer Fire Association Inc.
In 2015 with the adaption of our new By-Laws the Auxiliary of the Farmington Volunteer Fire Association was combined into the general membership of the Far
mington Volunteer Fire Assosciation under the title of Support Members.
If interested in joining please see our v